Recovery Mode steps changed in Android Lollipop 5.0.2 for Moto G/Moto G 2nd Gen
Step 5 Changed
1. With the phone powered off, press the VOL DOWN KEY for 2-3 seconds then POWER key then release.
2. The device will display different BOOT OPTIONS
3. Use the VOL DOWN Key to SCROLL to Recovery and VOL UP Key to select
Tip: If the device reboots, you may have waited to long to make a selection, you will need to begin the process again.
4. The device will display the Motorola logo and then the Android in distress ( logo with Exclamation mark)
5. Press and hold the POWER KEY key for 5 seconds. While still holding the POWER KEY key tap and release the VOL UP key.
6. The device will display additional menu options (Text will appear in BLUE).
Android system recovery LXB22.46-28
Volume up/down to move highlight;
Press and release power button to select
reboot system now
apply update from sd card
apply update from adb
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
reboot to boot loader
view recovery logs